COVID-19 GUIDELINES/SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE HEALTH CARE PROVIDED BY AVISINA
DOCTORS AND STAFF MEMBERS AT AVISINA COMPLY WITH THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE RIVM
- Our goal is to serve and protect our patients as best we can.
- Personal contact in our clinic is unavoidable, but the essential examinations and consultations can be done without risk of infection.
- We all adhere to the now familiar recommendations of the RIVM (Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment): no shaking hands, sneezing and coughing in the elbow, using paper handkerchiefs once, washing hands regularly, staying home if you have symptoms of a cold, cough, sore throat, fever.
- Avoid social contact as much as possible.
- The toilets, door handles, echo equipment and so on are cleaned after every patient.
PATIENTS: IN PRINCIPLE, CONSULTATIONS GO AHEAD
We want to continue with caring for our patients as much as we can.
By complying with the Covid-19 guidelines, our clinic is safe to visit.
In cases of acute symptoms, please come to the clinic.
For less acute care, we can arrange for either E-counselling or a telephone consultation.
The following points are of crucial importance:
● It is the responsibility of every patient to decide whether to come to the clinic or not.
● In cases where patients are unsure if they should come: yes, if they do not have any cold symptoms; no, if they do have symptoms.
● If a patient reports to the clinic with the above symptoms, we will request him/her, after rescheduling the appointment, to go home.
● Symptom free patients may come to the clinic. There are no restrictions on the examinations and treatments apart from the general restrictions.
● We allow as much time between patients’ appointments as possible.
● Enter the practice no more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
● If possible, please come to the appointment alone.
● If you need someone to accompany you, after a procedure for example, ask the person to wait outside the clinic or in the car. Please do not let him/her wait in the waiting room.
● We try to create enough space between clients in the waiting rooms and request you to maintain a distance of 1.5 m from others.
● We do not shake hands and where possible, everyone keeps a distance of 1.5 m.
● If the doctor and/or the nurse needs to approach you within 1.5 m for an examination, we will minimise our conversation to the bare essentials.
● The doctor or nurse will open the doors of the consultation and treatment rooms. Avoid touching the doorknobs.
● The nurse will clean the area between appointments.
● We use face masks in line with the guidelines of the RIVM. Patients do not need to wear face masks.
Materials: Disinfectants, gloves, face masks, protective apron.
We use essential materials such as disinfectants, gloves, face masks, protective aprons and coverings
● We use disinfectants in the treatment rooms.
Hand hygiene using soap and water.
● The inspectorate has said that health care institutions have the freedom to use the maximum measures to protect patients and staff.